Invited speaker- Promoting Cyber Security Awareness via Gamification (May 2019), Workshop on Serious Games for Cyber Security. Edinburgh, UK.
Invited speaker- Meet the Expert talk (February 2019), Skills Development Scotland (SDS) – Cyber Skills Programme
- Invited speaker at the Cyber Security Christmas Lectures in 2018 (Dundee). Gave a presentation entitled “How the Black Hat (Hackers) Stole Christmas”, featuring a demonstration of an IoT child’s toy, and a discussion on open-source intelligence.
- Invited keynote speaker at the Aberdeenshire GamesCon 2018 Final (Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen). Gave a keynote speech entitled “From Computer Geek to Cyber Security Researcher” discussing the journey from school to PhD.
- Invited speaker at the Cyber Security Christmas Lectures in 2017 (Aberdeen and Dundee). Gave a presentation entitled “A Fridge Full Of Spam” and a demonstration of an IoT child’s toy.
- Invited speaker- Social Market Foundation event, SNP Conference, Digital security: how do we keep our money – and ourselves – safe online? Glasgow, Scotland (October 2017)
- Invited speaker at the SICSA Cyber Security Christmas Lectures in 2016 (Inverness and Dundee). Gave a presentation entitled “A Fridge Full Of Spam”.
- Speaker at the SICSA Cyber Security Christmas Lectures from 2012-2014. Delivered talks to school pupils about social engineering and the danger of geolocation data shared in tweets.
Other outreach activities
- “Women in Security: protecting ourselves, protecting our world” event at Abertay University in March 2013. The aim of the event was to showcase the work female scientists are currently undertaking, and to persuade girls to pursue a career in STEM subjects. Lynsay provided a demo, illustrating the dangers of revealing too much information online. Read more here.